About Heliopolis Akademeia
Heliopolis Akademeia is a Public and Charitable 501 (c) (3) dedicated to improving the quality of life for the underserved and non-served ethnic communities to help them lead healthy and productive life. In order to bring about these positive changes, Heliopolis Akademeia strives to increase the understanding of the world inequities and address them through education, cultural understanding and advocacy.
What Heliopolis Akademeia does
- Educate new immigrants and refugees on cultural challenges and adjustment.
- Hold educational workshops to increase the understanding of different cultures.
- Support strategies that advocate for human rights and social justice
- Assist the immigrant and refugee families as they work with their children and youth to enhance their learning potential.
- Provide information and resources addressing cultural and social needs.